In a recent study, Gartner conclude that Google Apps is taking significant business from Microsoft Cloud-office. It seems the in-roads are being made in both email and in personal productivity suites and is not what Gartner had expected in its previous market research.
Gartner reveals that compared to Microsoft, Google appears to be gaining one-third to one-half of new, paid-for, cloud-based office system seats. The in-depth study looks at the strengths and weaknesses of both offerings. The strange thing is that despite Microsoft's predominant position in on premise productivity and mail solution, and Microsoft's own solution in the cloud, Google, a new player in the enterprise market, is gaining traction and Google's market performance is exceeding the previous expectations of Gartner. Why is this happening ?
- Customers of either solution are advised to have their IT maintain and evolve pilots of the other vendor's offerings for non-IT users and to monitor visible and hidden costs and user benefits.
- Recognition that Web-based suites and alternative device apps will continue to increase in importance.
- Ask Large enterprises to consider best-of-breed components and subsystems to optimize user effectiveness instead of best-integrated suites that optimize IT efficiency.
ABSI Google Apps Seminars
Come and learn for yourself why Google Apps is a serious contender for Enterprise mail solutions. Join us for our next Google Apps seminar, a Lunch & Learn event. Seminar attendees will receive the Gartner study.
Now is your moment to experience why Google Apps may be a serious threat for Microsoft's office franchise, and mail dominance. Come and understand why :
- Google Apps is a legitimized choice for your company
- why Google is appealing to organizations not pleased with their current mail and collaboration providers.
During the 2 hour Lunch & Learn session, you will see a full live demo of new ways to collaborate with you team members.
Experience the new arrival: Google Drive.
Hear how you can bring your files to life! Share with your team, customers, vendors and partners. You can bring your files together in one place, discuss your files, develop new ideas and efficiently move projects forward together. You can work better....with products you use every day.