Westburg has been a successful distributor of Life Sciences and diagnostics products and services for more than 20 years. Every day, in academic institutions, hospitals and pharmaceutical and biotech industries, thousand of scientists rely on Westburg products and services in their laboratory work.
In February of 2009, ABSI started a CRM project at Westburg with a goal to develop and implement Sales-, Marketing automation and Customer support solutions from salesforce.com. We implemented the 1st phase in less than 30 working days including a full custom integration with Westburg's current ERP system.
A major benefit of the project for Westburg is the ability to run front & back-office processes on demand with salesforce.com and therefore reducing cost and turnaround time. According to Jurjen Balkema, Westburg Commercial Director "salesforce.com is a highly flexible business process management tool for Westburg that today supports our Sales-, Marketing & Order processes. With implementing and integrating salesforce.com at Westburg, ABSI's team has helped us gain broader insight into operations spanning all business units."
The requirements of the project were to provide a solution to
- Manage the complete Sales cycle
- To be able to manage based on activities in addition to sales performance
- Full integration with the ASW ERP system
- Create an easy to use business process management system
- To convert people to a new way of working
ABSI Netherlands provided them with .....
- Personal project commitment
- Definitions and creation of custom specific views
- Adaption to Westburg's processes of standard workflows, validation rules, notification messages
- Including a full opportunity and offer approval process
- Full integration with the ERP system
- Design of dashboards, reports, messages and letter templates
- Development of custom code for special requirement
The many business benefits were:
- An operational and functional tool to control and manage the sales process
- Reduced number of mistakes
- Reliable integrated customer database
- Time and cost saving in processing orders
- Whole sales process and history data are now centrally managed and accessible
- Easy to access, easy to use CRM application